Coloring with markers course on skillshare
create texture and depth
Because of the diversity of professional markers you can use them for so many types of illustrations: fashion and beauty, technical and industrial, comic and manga, book & magazine and commercial illustrations.
In this course we take the next step in learning how to use professional alcohol based markers - this time to add depth to our illustrations with more shading, reflections and creating all kinds of textures.
The class focuses on the very specific marker called the (colorless) blender, that was briefly introduced in the introduction class ”The fundamentals of coloring with markers”, but this time you will get the full on program on this useful tool.
The blender is an essential tool if you want to create life like illustrations with texture, reflections and seamless shading. But a lot of people starting with markers misunderstand it’s purpose and start using it the wrong way, with the risk of messing up their illustrations and end up not using it anymore. Which is a pity since you can have so much fun with it and create really cool effects.
In a handful of fun exercises you’ll practice using the blender and it’s features and at the same time create a bunch of illustrations that you can use for different purposes - like adding them to an illustration portfolio, uploading as artwork to print-on-demand services like Society6 and Redbubble for example or use on your social media platforms.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• How alcohol based markers and the blender are constructed, explaining the DNA of the two ink versions on the market, their components and differences between them.
• What different nibs that you can get for the blender and what you can do with them.
• The most common misconceptions about the colorless blender and why they exist.
• How the blender really works.
• How to fix mistakes with the blender.
• Three techniques for creating depth and effects with the blender.
• How to create life like and commercial illustrations that you can use for all kinds of purposes and also include in your portfolio.
Throughout the class you'll get some fun exercises to practice what you've picked up.
And at the end of the class you will have taken a big step towards becoming a marker artist too and be able to add another skill to your artistic toolbox!