Coloring with markers course on skillshare
Alcohol based markers are used by professionals through a range of principles and areas like fashion design & beauty, comic and manga, book & magazine, architecture, technical and commercial illustrations.
And coloring with markers is such a fun way to give life to your illustrations and in many ways easier to learn than other medias.
As with any new craft it's always good to have some knowledge about the fundamental techniques and principals. In that way the learning curve isn't so steep and the fun can begin right away. But when I started to use markers I had to go to so many different places to get the basics and learn how to use them which was both time consuming and confusing and I remember wishing there had been just one place, one course to take to get started.
In this class I have done just that, gathered all the information and basics about markers I wish I'd had back then and now I want to share this with you and help you get started too.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The different types of markers there is on the market and examples of some popular brands.
- The color system - how the markers are categorized in groups, saturation and shades and how to use the color system when choosing markers and colors.
- The color codes of a couple of the biggest brands. You will find links to color charts with all available colors from Copic and ProMarker in the links below.
- How to choose your first set of colors and begin you own marker collection and my recommendations of what colors to get.
- What papers to use and how to test them - we'll test a bunch of different papers to see the effects the markers have with them.
- The basic strokes and techniques for coloring
- Creating shades by layering with one marker.
- Creating shades by blending three markers within a natural blending group.
- How to correct mistakes
Throughout the class you'll get some fun exercises to practice what you've picked up.
And at the end of the class you will have taken a big step towards becoming a marker artist too and be able to add another skill to your artistic toolbox!
View the introduction video
Said about the fundamentals of coloring with markers course
This is a great, easy to follow introduction to colouring with markers. Highly recommended. / Richard
Lovely class on marker use, really useful even as someone who has been using markers for years! Thank you!
Very informative. Good starting point for newbies that are getting into alcohol markers. / Mekeisha
This class has very intensive instruction in using colors relating to markers, though the information is great for any medium you are using. I learned so much about markers that I had never considered before. I recommend this class to any artist that would like to add this medium to the repertoire of skills. / Karen
The instructor gives a thorough tutorial covering the types of pens and papers as well as techniques. She goes at a pace that enables me to practice along with her. I'd give this class 10 thumbs up if I could. / Brenda
A great class, thanks Barbel! Covered all the basics and some great examples of how to put them to use. Highly recommended! / Susan
Great class to understand the dynamics of markers and how the brands work with color. Short, easy to follow and really fun! All I needed to kick start. Thanks Bärbel!!! / Amelia